Colmar offers many events throughout the year: Spring Festival www.tourisme-alsace-reservation.com/etablissement/colmar-fete-printemps-colmar.1499.php, Festival International de Musique (early July), Wine Fair and Festival (August), Jazz Festival (September) Film Festival (October), Book Fair (November), Christmas Market http://www.noel-colmar.com/fr
/ (Dec.), etc...
Out of Colmar will allow you to discover the surrounding countryside of Alsace, the famous wine route, tasting of the vineyard, walk in the Vosges and the escapades in near country like Switzerland and Germany.
Visit the tourist office website to be informed of all events of the city and its surroundings.
Around Colmar, some ideas of visits:
• Ecomuseum (www.ecomusee-alsace.fr) Bioscope (www.lebioscope.com)
• Neuf-Brisach, fortified city (Vauban) and entered in the UNESCO World Heritage. www.neuf-brisach.com
• Hunawihr, its fortified church, the Stork and Butterfly Garden
• Museum of Car (www.collection-schlumpf.com) and Railway in Mulhouse (www.citedutrain.com)
• The top Koenigsbourg-Castle (a must). www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr
• The Hohlandsbourg Castle www.chateau-hohlandsbourg.com
• The Maginot Line www.ligne-maginot.fr | www.lignemaginot.com
For sports and family walks
Colmar is situated near the Vosges Mountains from which you access to ski resorts (the closest is The Lac Blanc - 1200 m 40 min), and differents walks. Destinations like Gérardmer (55 Km), there you will enjoy nature all the year walking around the lake in summer and the ski slopes in winter.
For lovers of traditional cuisine and gastronomy,
In the center of the pedestrian streets of Colmar you will discover a diversity of traditional restaurants or "Winstub", trendy restaurants and restaurants offering world cuisine. In the "Winstubs" you will enjoy our local specialties like : sauerkraut, baekaoffa, lewerknepfle (liver dumplings), snails in the region, Tartes de la Vallée, Tartes Flambées, Munster, Kugelhopf Bretzel.
For Alsatian Wine lovers
Capital of Alsace wines, the city of Colmar is a central stop on the famous Wine Route. Taste and enjoy the quality of our seven different varieties, and visit the charming villages near our city like Kaysersberg, Riquewihr, Hunawihr, Ribeauvillé ...